When the Uma founder’s great aunt was a young bride-to-be in rural India, pre-wedding anxiety sent her skin into a frenzy weeks before the big ceremony. Seeing her daughter’s frustration, her mother – an avid botanist, with a deep understanding of Ayurvedic scripture – formulated a powerful regimen of clarifying and healing botanicals to specifically to treat her blemishes. It was so effective that not only was her daughter’s flawless complexion renewed in time for her wedding, but her teenage son began using it, too, and the blends have been a well-kept family secret, until now.
Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract), Honey, Charcoal, Camphor, Neem (Azadirachta Leaf Extract), Powders of Coconut and Oat (Avena Sativa), Clays of Kaolin and Bentonite, Extracts of Tomato (Solanum Lycopersicum), Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus), Turmeric (Curcuma Longa), Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternafolia) and Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Zeylanic Bark).
- As Cleanser (1-2 times daily): Wet face thoroughly. Pour about 1-1.5 teaspoons of cleanser onto palm, add a few drops of water and apply to skin in gentle circular motion. Massage skin with cleanser for 30-45 seconds, avoiding the eye area. Rinse off thoroughly with cold water and pat dry.
- As Exfoliant (2-3 times weekly): Apply as cleanser, but leave on to dry for 2-3 minutes. When semi-dry, slough – not wash – the cleanser off with dry hands in upward motions until cleanser is peeled off fully. Rinse finally with cold water to remove excess.
- Celebrated Ayurvedic anti-microbial botanic Neem banishes blemish causing impurities
- Turmeric wields anti-inflammatory action to calm
- Fuller’s earth, charcoal, kaolene, orange peel and oat work powerfully in concert to draw out impurities from within and expunge all that the skin doesn’t need – surface debris, trapped oil, dead skin
- Aloe calms and nourishes while the skin undergoes healthy transformation
Organic and free from synthetic fragrances and emulsifiers, preservatives, parabens, GMOs, and mineral oils. We test our oils on real women – never on animals.
UMA products are not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease, or affect the structure or function of the body. The information herein does not constitute medical advice. Anyone suffering from a medical condition should consult with a physician. User reviews do not constitute a guarantee that you will achieve the same results -- what works for one may not work for another.